Monday, September 10, 2012

Bob Dylan Tribute

     I have recently been educated on the awesomeness of Bob Dylan.  You might be saying "Hmm do I know any of his songs?" and I assure you that you have, whether you knew it or not.  Bob Dylan is a singer/songwriter and has written music for so many people it'll make your jaw drop. Not to mention how many times he has been covered by other musicians.  Some familiar Dylan tunes that might ring a bell are: Knocking on Heavens Door, All Along The Watchtower, Like A Rolling Stone, Forever Young, etc.

     I know, you're thinking "Wait, I'm pretty sure Jimi Hendrix wrote All Along the Watchtower, and Guns n' Roses wrote Knocking on Heavens Door!"  This only further proves that Bob Dylan is the man. I did look online to find how many people had covered Bob Dylan songs and to my surprise there is a lengthy Wikipedia post dedicated to it.  Secondhangsongs.com  also has an awesome post which shows songs that Dylan has written that have been covered, and how many bands have covered that particular song.  It shows that "Blowin' in the Wind" has been covered by 98 different artists.

Though Bob Dylan's voice is...well...an acquired taste, I hope you decide to venture into the wonderful world of Bob Dylan. Here's a good starter that I like a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment